Instrumentation: Solar-B: EIS Thermal Design and Analysis
Figure 1. The Complete EIS Thermal Model
Figure 1 Details
- The +Z axis points towards the Sun.
- The central blue tube is the ISAS Optical Telescope Assembly (OTA)
- The orange disc is the opened OTA door
- The blue cube is the spacecraft bus
- The yellow sections are radiators
- The grey side sections are the solar arrays
- The black section is the EIS baffle
- The green section is the EIS mirror tube
- The orange part of EIS is where the grating is situated
- The rest of the EIS structure is coloured dark blue or brown
Please note that the colours shown are not representative of the real spacecraft. They are for display purposes only.
You may like to compare Figure 1 with the spacecraft drawing on the Solar-B introduction page, though please note that this was created in the beginning of the Solar-B mission design phase, while the thermal model represents the latest Solar-B design.
was last updated on