Here, I am going to put as many results as I can that correspond to work done on the X-ray background. All my results are located on an ftp site: ftp://ftp.sr.bham.ac.uk/pub/rft/REXCESS/.
I'll briefly add a short discussion here on the contents of each plot. Most of the plots for these clusters can be found in /newdata/...../radial/plots/ including the R-commands to generate them. See the data location page for more detail.
The format of other other plots for the clusters is the same, just with a different initial extension (i.e. instead of 1141) and are included here. I have not included plots of all the residual spectra etc, as I believe that Gabriel already has those for his dbs method.
- 1141_bs.txt - data table for weighted blank sky background.
- 1141_dbs.txt - data table for weighted double subtraction.
- 1141_gwp.txt - data table for closed technique (GWP's method).
- 1141_loc.ps - plot comparing weighted vs non-weighted data using a local background to extract spectra.
- 1141_local.txt - data table for local background subtraction
- R1141_all.eps - comparative plot for RXCJ1141 for all methods.
- bg_all.tar.gz - background paper draft. Probably a bit dated by now, but left in nonetheless.
- c_cut.ps - MOS1 blank-sky events file cut on 3 different count rate bands. These are 0.1-0.2 c/s (black), 0.2-0.4 c/s (red), and 0.4-0.6 c/s (green). The data have been normalised to the same high energy count rate for comparison.
Last modified: Fri May 16 16:02:09 BST 2008